An international industrial company of the consumer goods sector, member of the SBF120 index decided to reorganise its legal department. Dispatched within business units, the lawyers reported to the local CEO – an organisation that had led to the duplication of functions, inconsistencies, legal uncertainties, and therefore to the lack of organisational transparency.
Nous sommes intervenus en 3 phases :
- Audit of the existing based on interviews ranging from the Board members to the legal experts including the Executive Committee
- Benchmarking of the organisation based on similar groups’ studies
- Recommendation of a target organisation: creation of a global corporate legal department, definition of positions, creation of points of contact depending on location and expertise
- Strengthened Strategic protection and legal security at all levels of the group
- Increasing the responsibility of each team gave a new impulse that resulted into a stronger involvement of the legal experts in the group’s development
- The executive committee perceived the added value of a properly structured legal department, notably during a recent cross-border merger that doubled the size of the group